G.I.F.T.S. is a lifelong faith formation opportunity that helps participants grow in their faith and share their faith through service and proclamation in their homes, congregations and wider community.
The G.I.F.T.S. program features a variety of ways you can be involved, including:
- 1-day events in our synod featuring leading ELCA theologians and teachers
- week-long Lay School of Theology events at Luther Seminary, St. Paul, MN
- a mentoring relationship with a pastor from the WND Synod
- local G.I.F.T.S. groups with peers in the program who gather for conversation, Bible study and fellowship
- A schedule for G.I.F.T.S. Daily Bible Reading (pdf) and commitment to daily prayer time
$15 event registration for each event you attend (covers lunch, materials, etc.)
Become a Supporting Member!
All GIFTS Participants are encouraged to pay an annual supporting membership fee. The gifts from Supporting Members helps to cover the speaker costs for these events (honorarium, travel, lodging, etc.) Your gifts enable us to bring excellent speakers to our synod.
Become a Supporting Member Now!
Upcoming G.I.F.T.S. Events
- September 22-23, LifeKeys (Beth Anderson)
- October 14, Embracing Stewardship (Chick Lane and Grace Duddy Pomeroy)
Materials from Previous Gifts Events
March 4, 2017 – Freedom in Christ as a Call to Serve
with Dr. Martin Lohrmann, Wartburg Theological Seminary
DVDs of Previous GIFTS Events Available
For more information contact:
Sherie Heine, G.I.F.T.S. Coordinator