Who can serve as a voting member?
All rostered leaders (pastors, associates in ministry, deaconesses, and diaconal ministers) under call on the roster who register and attend.
All retired rostered leaders who register and attend.
*In order to maintain required ratio of lay/rostered percentage, rostered leaders who are retired or currently on-leave-from-call may not register as a lay voting member from a congregation.
Lay Voting Members:
The number of voting members allotted per congregation is based on the congregations’ baptized membership. Refer to the chart at the right to determine the number your congregation may bring. In keeping with the spirit of inclusiveness, 50% of a church’s voting members should be female and 50% of the voting members should be male.
Voting Members will receive packets with Agenda, Rules, Ballots and Bios, and Resolutions at Assembly.
Any other materials should be reviewed ahead of time, downloaded to a personal tablet or other device, or printed and brought to Assembly.
Proposed Changes to WND Synod ConstitutionSummary of Changes to Synod Constitution and Bylaws
Synod Constitution with Proposed Changes (distributed Nov. 2016)
The deadline for submitting resolutions was March 31, 2017. Any resolutions received after this date, will only be considered at the discretion of the Assembly. If you are considering submitting a resolution, please review the Resolution Guidelines and Worksheet
Resolutions will be posted following review by the Reference and Counsel Committee.
- Resolution #1: 2018 Fiscal Plan
- Resolution #2: 2018 Salary Guidelines for ELCA Rostered Ministers Serving in Western North Dakota Synod
- Resolution #3: To Establish a Synod Accompaniment Fund
- Resolution #4: Concerning Rosebud Lutheran Church
- Resolution #5: Concerning 501(c)3 Tax-Exempt Status
- Resolution #6: Concerning Funding of Rostered Leaders Education
- Resolution #7: Concerning Walls and Bans
- Resolution #8: Concerning Dakota Access Pipeline Protest
Reports will be added as they are received. Click on the blue links below to view the reports.
Please Note: Reports will not be printed in Voting Member Packets. Please review prior to Assembly.
- Synod Council Greeting
- Report from the Bishop
- Badlands Ministries
- Camp of the Cross Ministries
- Candidacy Committee
- Community Connections
- ELCA Churchwide Report Supplement
- ELCA Fund for Leaders Report Western North Dakota
- ELCA Region 3
- ELCA Region 3 Archives
- ELCA Mission Investment Fund
- GIFTS (Growing in Faith to Serve)
- Heart River Bridges of Hope
- Luther Seminary
- Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota
- Synod Feeding Team
- Lutheran Campus Ministry - Minot State University
- Lutheran Youth Organization (WND LYO)
- Metigoshe Ministries
- Portico Benefits Services
- St. Olaf College
- Stewardship Report
- Synodical Women's Organization
- Upper Missouri Ministries