Who can serve as a voting member?
All rostered leaders (pastors, associates in ministry, deaconesses, and diaconal ministers) under call on the roster who register and attend.
All retired rostered leaders who register and attend.
*In order to maintain required ratio of lay/rostered percentage, rostered leaders who are retired or currently on-leave-from-call may not register as a lay voting member from a congregation.
Lay Voting Members:
The number of voting members allotted per congregation is based on the congregations’ baptized membership. Refer to the chart at the right to determine the number your congregation may bring. In keeping with the spirit of inclusiveness, 50% of a church’s voting members should be female and 50% of the voting members should be male.
Voting Members will receive packets with Agenda, Rules, Ballots and Bios, and Resolutions at Assembly.
Any other materials should be reviewed ahead of time, downloaded to a personal tablet or other device, or printed and brought to Assembly.
Updated WND Synod ConstitutionWestern ND Synod Constitution as approved June 3, 2017 (with bylaws)
Final Resolutions with Amendments incorporated if amended:
- 2018 Fiscal Plan Resolution – PASSED
- 2018 Salary Guidelines for Rostered Leaders Resolution – PASSED
- Resolution Establishing a Synod Accompaniment Fund – PASSED
- Resolution Transferring Rosebud Lutheran Church to the SD Synod – PASSED
- Resolution Concerning Promoting a Political Candidate – PASSED
- Resolution Concerning Funding of Rostered Leaders Education – PASSED
- Resolution Concerning Walls and Bans – DEFEATED
- Resolution Regarding the Dakota Access Pipeline Protest – PASSED AS AMENDED
Reports will be added as they are received. Click on the blue links below to view the reports.
Please Note: Reports will not be printed in Voting Member Packets. Please review prior to Assembly.
- Synod Council Greeting
- Report from the Bishop
- Badlands Ministries
- Camp of the Cross Ministries
- Candidacy Committee
- Community Connections
- ELCA Churchwide Report Supplement
- ELCA Fund for Leaders Report Western North Dakota
- ELCA Region 3
- ELCA Region 3 Archives
- ELCA Mission Investment Fund
- GIFTS (Growing in Faith to Serve)
- Heart River Bridges of Hope
- Luther Seminary
- Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota
- Synod Feeding Team
- Lutheran Campus Ministry - Minot State University
- Lutheran Youth Organization (WND LYO)
- Metigoshe Ministries
- Portico Benefits Services
- St. Olaf College
- Stewardship Report
- Synodical Women's Organization
- Upper Missouri Ministries