Mind Your Money
Aug. 25, 1-2:30 p.m.
In this highly interactive presentation, Nathan will help you gain critical insight into what it takes to shape your money narrative. Nathan will illuminate various ways the culture shapes your money habits and values and how that is impacting your financial well-being. He will identify specific, actionable steps to help you prepare for a variety of financial opportunities and responsibilities.
Reflect on who and what shaped your early money habits.
- Learn to recognize your dominant money characteristics, and discover how they impact others.
- Discover new ways to communicate effectively and proactively about money and values.
- Develop a financial decision-making process that honors your values.
- Learn how to set realistic money goals that include saving and sharing.
- Get simple, implementable ideas and tools to help you develop healthy money habits.
Money, Meaning and Faith: Financial Leadership in Communities of Faith
Sept. 9, 11 a.m.-Noon
Where do people go today to learn healthy money habits? In a world awash with consumer messages, it’s more difficult than ever to develop healthy money habits that honor both our values and our faith journey. Financial coaches have a unique opportunity to enhance and expand their relationships with students and congregants. Nathan will provide ideas and insights to help you be relevant and responsive in the current economic environment.
Discover how to proactively engage, educate and equip students and congregants in the role money plays in their lives—both practically and spiritually.
- Learn strategies to invite the broader community into learning opportunities about money and values.
- Gain insight on new ways to communicate about money and values and enhance their financial well-being.
- Learn how to implement Nathan’s new virtual video library resource, “Money Sanity U®,” with students.
These events will be streamed live on the Luther Seminary website. To learn more about these events, please visit www.luthersem.edu/stewardship