Lutheran Church of the Cross in Bismarck is seeking a full-time Director of Discipleship. The Director of Discipleship will be directly responsible to the pastor as a facilitator of the congregational ministry programs and media communications. The Director of Discipleship will augment the work of the pastor and will assist the entire church body in its ministry, in cooperation with the Worship Coordinator and the Council.
Definition of Responsibilities:
Together with the Pastor –
- Promote, develop and implement youth education, family activities, outreach and mission support programs.
- Organize and implement Educational programs for youth and adults, including Children’s Sermons, Church School, Confirmation, Summer Vacation Bible School and intergenerational interaction and learning.
- Plan, publicize and execute youth fundraisers (Bake Sales, Meals, Car Washes, etc.)
- Make travel arrangements and set up activates for summer trips, LYO, local and national gatherings, weekly youth group and monthly Wings (multiple churches) youth group
- Plan, lead, decorate, and organize a Week of Summer Vacation Bible School.
- Organize, recruit and lead social media communications (see position description for more detail)
- Assist in planning and leading the Wednesday evening services.
- Help identify, organize and implement appropriate outreach and mission support programs, in cooperation with the Mission Support/Outreach Committee.
- Assist the Pastor with a visitation program for the shut-ins and the sick.
- Maintain familiarity with the work of standing committees of the church and assist with the implementation of ideas and plans emerging from those committees.